Thursday, November 8, 2012

My Boy and His Birthday

Thomas lost his seventh tooth today, his last day of being seven. He's barely a little kid anymore. Tomorrow we start a fun weekend of celebrating his eighth birthday. I will visit school and take him lunch and donuts to share with his classmates. He doesn't like cupcakes. So he asked for donuts. We plan to have dinner at Jinbeh (his choice) and then to have red velvet cake (again, his choice) and presents at home afterwards.

We have a surprise present for him. Can't wait to tell him we are going to spend Saturday night at Great Wolf Lodge! It's what he wanted, but he doesn't think he is getting it.

Sunday we will go to Main Event for laser tag, bowling, and arcade games. I've never been there but I've heard it's really fun.

Our little guy is growing up! He came into the world at 4:53am on 11/09/04 with his left hand under his chin. He is a thinker and loves learning. I remember having contractions every fifteen minutes that day, and I tutored a student that evening. It was a peaceful delivery, and our sweet boy has been a blessing in our lives ever since.

We wanted a boy, and we got one! I am so grateful for the gift of having a son. Tomorrow, we will have an eight year old son. It feels like the end of an era of sorts. Only a small window of time left to enjoy his years as a small child. I absolutely love that I can be a mom full time to enjoy it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment