Thursday, November 15, 2012

30 Days of Truth: Day 27-What's the Best Thing Going for You Right Now?

My family is the best thing going for me right now.  I'm in a really great spot. My husband has a great job as a health care attorney, and he recently made partner. My twenty year old stepson is in the Army stationed in NY. My nineteen year old daughter is a sophomore at Texas Tech and involved in her sorority (ZTA).  My twelve year old daughter is doing well in her seventh grade classes and dancing eleven hours a week. And my eight year old son is also doing well at school in second grade and amazes me every day with his intelligence and insight.

I've achieved the perfect balance of being a person, a wife, a mother, and a professional.  The house is quiet during the day, and I use the time to workout, to learn guitar, to write, to learn math, and to do all the work associated with running a household including the finances.  Once the kids get home, I'm busy with them, and I also tutor math part time. I love that I can use my education and still be a full time mom.  I don't have any of the stress that comes with being a classroom teacher. Instead, I get to experience the enjoyment and fulfillment of working one on one with students on math-a subject I am passionate about. 

I feel very blessed to be in my position, and I'm grateful because my husband and I envisioned this life and built it step by step together. 

1 comment:

  1. me. i'm the best thing going for me right now. family is a VERY close second. xo

    ReplyDelete