Saturday, September 1, 2012

30 Days of Truth: Day 5-Something You Hope to Do In Your Life

"Heaven is finding happiness right where you are."

I hope to reach enlightenment if there is such a thing. At least that's what I strive for. I read this quote and although I'm not sure who wrote it, I love it. It fits the Buddhist ideas of releasing attachments, karma, and accepting impermanence on the path to spiritual enlightenment. Attachments cause suffering, and to be truly happy we have to learn to let go and go with the flow. I'm not a Buddhist, but I like these ideas for living. I'm practicing and learning these lessons every day. I count the many blessings in my life and aim to let go of negative experiences and work through obstacles. Most of all I hope to live a long healthy life with my family, and I hope to be the best person I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment