Tuesday, September 18, 2012

30 Days of Truth: Day 12-Something You Never Get Compliments On

I never get compliments on my singing. And I sing every day! Sometimes I'm sing along with songs in the car. Sometimes I sing along with songs on my iPhone or computer, while I'm working, cleaning, etc.

If I'm driving or riding in a car, I'm pretty much always singing. I put my iPod on shuffle and see what happens. The girls like to sing too, and I allow it, but when Joe is driving, he tells them to stop. He doesn't tell me to stop just because I'm an adult, but he finds singing in the car irritating.

Sometimes I make up my own songs. I invent silly songs that are, well, they are what all songs are..various sentences put to a tune. For example, I might sing about how much I love my kids and my husband. I might sing about feeling tired, lazy, happy, sad, or mad. It just depends on the circumstances.

I love music, always have and always will. People have told me to stop singing (I won't name names), and it's definitely something I don't get compliments on. I don't really care. I'm not trying to be a famous singer. I'm just going to keep being me and making joyful noise!

No comments:

Post a Comment