Friday, September 14, 2012

30 Days of Truth: Day 10-Someone You Need to Let Go, or Wish You Didn't Know.

Over the past several years, I've weeded out people from my life that I needed to let go.  I've let go of some toxic and fake relationships.  I've let go of male friendships that weren't healthy for my marriage.  I've let go of family members who are impossible to deal with.

I've been thinking about this question for days and feel that I don't have anyone I need to let go or wish I didn't know.  I'm a pretty real person.  If you like me great, if not, no problem.  I don't keep people in my life for no reason. 

The people I need to let go are the dearly departed.  I probably think too often of my friends and loved ones who have already passed away.  It makes me sad to think of each loss, and it makes me worried about when it will be my turn.  I worry about losing my husband or kids, and I worry about something happening to me.  I'm not sure where we were before we were born, and I'm not sure where we go after we die, so it's quite a conundrum for me to think about.  This life on this Earth is the only thing I am sure of, and too often it is cut short by tragedy.  Accidents and illnesses take our loved ones away before their time.  We are left here to cherish memories and hope to be reunited with our them sometime in the future.  Spending too much time thinking about people who are gone is probably not the healthiest thing for me. I could probably stand to let go of those haunting thoughts and unpleasant memories of saying goodbye forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment