Saturday, August 4, 2012

Daybook





FOR TODAY  August 4, 2012

Outside my window...it's the sun if finally on its way down.  No clouds today.  It's been so hot all week with temperatures above 100 pretty much every day.  Clear blue skies, another nice day in Texas if you can survive the heat.

I am thinking...about the big kids. Sierra just started her new job today. Brent is on a short break from boot camp. It's so nice to be able to text with them. Happy for both of them that they are out there in the world pursuing their interests.
I am thankful...for our house, for my family, for my health.

In the kitchen...chicken, potatoes, salad, chardonnay, spaghetti-o's (Thomas had a craving).

I am wearing...blue soffe shorts and a green pensacola beach tank top.

I am creating...just wrote a blog post about
how I fell in love with math.  Going to play some more guitar tonight.  Working on a few songs including this one.

I am going...to yoga class in the morning. It's a great way to unwind and focus on the moment.

I am wondering...

I am reading...over my high school and college transcripts.  What a long strange trip it's been!

I am hoping...to lose weight.  Gaining, not losing...:(

I am looking forward to...seeing Sierra at the end of the month to move her into her new apartment at college.  I didn't get out there to see her at all last year, and I'm looking forward to being part of her world at school this year.  She's working now and will be moving into an apartment with other girls.

I am learning...to be the best mom I can be.  It's hard sometimes because I didn't have the greatest family growing up.  Parents divorced and my mom had it rough raising me and my brother.  Learning to be a different mom than the one I grew up with.

Around the house...a few baskets of laundry patiently wait for me.  Other than that, things are pretty under control.  Our fence outside needs fixing in a bad way and our landscaping guy won't return our messages, frustrating!

I am pondering...if I will ever be free from pain.

A favorite quote for today..."Wasn't it beautiful when everyone believed in you, and you believed in everything?" Taylor Swift

One of my favorite things...hugs!

A few plans for the rest of the week...family day tomorrow (probably the gym and pool) and tutoring a few kids this week.

A peek into my day...


No comments:

Post a Comment