Sunday, August 26, 2012

Daybook


 



FOR TODAY  August 26, 2012

Outside my window...it's a cloudy day. 

I am thinking...about the kids.  Sierra had a busy week with her sorority doing rush.  We haven't had much of a chance to talk, but she seems to be very happy.  She sent pictures from her newly decorated apartment.  Brent graduates from boot camp soon.  We want to send a present to congratulate him on his accomplishment.  It's been great to keep up with what his company is doing on facebook. They've also posted several pictures.  Zoe and Thomas start school tomorrow (seventh and second grade respectively).  Zoe is out with her gram gram getting her nails done and her hair cut right now.  Thomas met his teacher this week and is all ready for the new school year.  Zoe is ready to go back and see her friends. 

I am thankful...for my family and friends.  Had a fun time this week making new friends on a girls' night out and also visiting with neighbors at happy hour last night.  I am thankful Joe made partner at his law firm this week!  It was his first time up for it, and he made it. Amazing!  I'm thankful for plenty of students to tutor.  It's been really fun helping kids fill gaps and get ready for the new school year this summer.

In the kitchen...baked chicken, leftover meatballs w/ marinara sauce, going out to dinner tonight, so not cooking anything right now.

I am wearing...black yoga pants and a gray and white striped tank top.

I am creating...learning more about playing the guitar - this week learned more notes to play when soloing.  Here are a couple of the songs I'm playing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhcnKYvzfZc  (Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRsJlAJvOSM  (Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton)

I am going...to PF Chang's for dinner with my in-laws to celebrate Joe making partner.  They have a great gluten free menu, so I can eat there.

I am wondering...how the first day of school will go for the kids tomorrow.  Sierra starts college sophomore classes.  Zoe starts second grade. Thomas starts second grade.  He said it's his goal to make at least one new friend on the first day of school.

I am reading...

I am hoping...for more sunny afternoons at the pool before it closes.

I am looking forward to...the house being quiet tomorrow.

I am learning...trigonometry on www.khanacademy.org

Around the house...laundry and dishes need doing.  Our housekeepers came a few days ago, so all the deep cleaning is done.  Zoe (12) does her own laundry now. My challenge is keeping up with mine, Joe's, and Thomas's.

I am pondering...what meals to make this week.  It will be the first week back at school, and I tutor after school and the kids have sports too.  We will be busy!  I want to make up a plan so I will be prepared and not have to drive through and eat junk food because it's quick. 

A favorite quote for today...
The most important pieces of equipment you need for doing yoga are your body and your mind.
Rodney Yee

One of my favorite things...yoga class on Sunday mornings. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:  tutoring after school and running Zoe to all her dance classes.  Thomas has early dismissal Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week. Taking him back in on Wednesday afternoon for assessment. 

A peek into my day...

No comments:

Post a Comment