Friday, July 8, 2011

Daybook




FOR TODAY: July 13, 2011

Outside my window...it's dark.

I am thinking...about how lucky my kids are to have parents who love them. We are watching Precious, and it's so sad how sone kids are abused.

I am thankful...for my education.

From the learning rooms...Summer bridge workbooks for Zoe and Thomas, library visit with the kids.

In the kitchen...rotisserie chicken, French bread, and green beans for the family's dinner tonight.

I am wearing...Victoria's Secret 'pink' shorts and shirt

I am creating...excel smart art foldables for fraction, decimal, and integer rules.

I am going...out for lunch and dinner tomorrow!

I am wondering...how my summer break can already be halfway over.

I am reading...The bible. Just started today with Genesis 1-3. I was enjoying the Art of Racing in the Rain, but somebody stole it at the gym!

I am hoping...Sierra will be safe when she goes to college next month.

I am looking forward to...Sleeping late tomorrow.

I am hearing...The movie, Precious, is on.

Around the house...laundry, toys, new kids' shoes. All three kids cleaned their rooms and the upstairs rooms today.

I am pondering...how can a mother emotionally or physically abuse her child.

One of my favorite things...my bed.

A few plans for the rest of the week: lunch and dinner out tomorrow, gym/pool on the weekend,

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...











FOR TODAY~ Friday July 8, 2011

Outside my window...  it's a hot, sunny, blue sky Texas day.  102 degrees and nothing but triple digits in the weekly forecast.  The grass is green but looks thirsty. 

I am thinking...  about going to the gym today after I finish a few things on my to-do list.  We just got back from vacation, and it's taking a few days to catch up.

I am thankful... for my family, for my relatively good health, for planet earth, and for so many other things. I'm also thankful the Atlantis takeoff was successful this morning!

From the learning rooms... Zoe and Thomas are working on summer bridge workbooks, and everybody has a new book to read. We went to the library yesterday.  Thomas likes to skip around in his workbook but has trouble finding where he was to show me what work he did.  So, I'm teaching him how to go one page at a time, left to right, and how to use a bookmark.  Zoe's a bookworm.  Her nook charger broke, so we checked out a few hard copies for her yesterday.  Sierra flew through a book last night and is on a second one today.  Will do mad minutes with all three of them too just for fun (one minute timed math drills). 

In the kitchen...  there is a fresh load of groceries.  We had our first homemade meal in a few days last night (because we were staying at a hotel in FL and then on the road back home). Just had leftovers for lunch~chicken, brown rice, peas (we had green pepper and tomato last night).  Got plenty of fresh fruit for easy snacking~watermelon, cherries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches.  Not sure what we are having tonight yet.

I am wearing... blue shorts and a green striped t shirt that has a butterfly on it.

I am creating... this new section of my blog. I saw a friend use this template in her blog and learned how to use it yesterday.  Thanks Elizabeth!

I am going... to see 311 & Sublime in August and Kid Rock in September. Dallas gets a lot of good live music!

I am wondering...  what happens to us after we die?

I am reading...  The Art of Racing in the Rain.

I am hoping... for a long, healthy life with my family.

I am looking forward to... seeing my friend, Cathy, tomorrow. She is visiting TX from VA, and I haven't seen her since she attended my surprise 40th birthday party in 2008.  We've known each other for about ten years now.

I am hearing... Clear by Miley Cyrus on my iTues DJ.

Around the house... all the kids are lounging.  We are having a quiet day so far. The kids have done some homework and chores. The maids just came yesterday, so it's generally clean, but there is always laundry in every stage to do. 

I am pondering...  how to be the best parent I can be.  With three kids in vastly different stages of life, I'm always challenged with meeting their needs and providing the best life possible for them.

One of my favorite things...  is playing guitar.  My former teacher just moved back to the area, so I'm starting lessons again next week after taking about a year off.  I want to learn more music theory and how to solo.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  movie night at home tonight, gym visit and seeing my friend tomorrow, yoga and swimming on Sunday.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment