Monday, July 18, 2011

Daybook

FOR TODAY:  July 18, 2011

Outside my window...partly cloudy blue sky day. Not much going on in the neighborhood. I guess it's too hot!

I am thinking...about everyone I know who is struggling with the loss of a loved one today.  Sierra attended the funeral of a friend who died from mysterious causes this morning. Another friend lost his brother to a heart attack on Wednesday.  The mother of a friend is praying to bring his body home from S. America where he died in May.  Friends of a friend are grieving the loss of their two year old son from a recent drowning accident. My heart goes out to these people and everyone else I know who has lost a friend or family member.

I am thankful...for time off work.

From the learning rooms...Zoe is learning about exponents and metric measurement.  Thomas is practicing handwriting and addition/subtraction. Sierra is reading and preparing for moving to college next month.

In the kitchen...turkey stock is simmering.  Yesterday, I made homemade chicken veggie noodle soup for the kids (including chicken stock from scratch).

I am wearing...gray shorts and a white short sleeved hoodie.

I am creating...a nicer space in my bonus room. It's a guest room/office.

I am going...out to get more ink for my printer.

I am wondering...how next school year will go. I'm moving from 7th grade to 6th grade math and looking forward to the change.

I am reading...The Art of Racing in the Rain.  The father's name in the book is Denny, and that's Thomas's middle name (after my mom's middle name and her mom's last name).  The daughter in the book is Zoe, and my daughter is Zoe. Small world.

I am hoping...to get to the bottom of my eczema problem. 

I am looking forward to...Joe getting home from work! The weekend went by too fast.

I am hearing...birds singing outside.

Around the house...lots of work happening today. Teaching the kids how to keep their rooms clean and to keep clothes folded.  It's easier said than done :)  Decluttering and designating lots of things for giveaway/garage sale.   Bonus room is taking shape slowly but surely!

I am pondering...whether the hand eczema I'm experiencing is due to my nickel allergy more than it is due to foods.  I have a documented nickel allergy, and that is the one of the main associations with dyshidrotic eczema.  I am connecting the dots and wondering whether the gold filling in my tooth needs to be replaced!  I already don't wear any jewelry with nickel and know better than to wear gold jewelry but haven't thought about the gold filling in my mouth before. That is a constant source of exposure that I have overlooked. Additionally, I have overlooked the details of a nickel allergy like anything metal like doorknobs, watches, coins, zippers, and even tap water!  http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/nickel-allergy/DS00826

One of my favorite things...lazy summer days.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  visiting the allergist and guitar lesson tomorrow, taxiing kids to and from classes (taekwondo, tumbling), being productive at home.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

No comments:

Post a Comment