Friday, November 26, 2010

“The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.”  ~Tom Bodett


How true is this statement?  School prepares us for life. It teaches us how to learn. Life teaches us whether we like it or not. We learn lessons, ready or not.    What lessons is life teaching you?

I'm learning to juggle work and home, wondering if there is a middle ground between lonely, bored housewife and overwhelmed working mom.  Since I started working full time in August until this week, my new job has completely consumed my life.  Having this week off for Thanksgiving gave me some time to come up for air. It took a few days to get the house clean. I'm still going through unopened mail and balancing my bank account.  I'm making phone calls, fitting in doctors' appointments, and running errands.  I'm catching up on my favorite tivo shows, playing guitar, cooking, and reading.  I'm enjoying the company of my kids and the changing of the seasons.  It's hard to believe the holidays are upon us again, but it's true.  In just a few short weeks, we will be in Reno celebrating Christmas with Joe's family.



1 comment: